I had a lot of fun and "met" so many great bloggers during Christine’s Sparkfest last week. Welcome and thank you to the new readers, commenters, and followers! (Though is anyone else having this weird error where the Followers widget is sometimes empty? I miss seeing the smiling faces in the sidebar.) I was also lucky enough to receive my first blogging award, bestowed upon me by J at the wonderfully titled Concrete Pieces of Soul:
The Lobster Blog Award!
Oh, wait, that's not quite right.
She gave me the LIEBSTER BLOG award.
Liebster means dear or favorite or apparently a bazillion other positive things in German (thank you Google), and the official rules are as follows:
- Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
- Reveal your top 5 picks [blogs with fewer than 200 followers] and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Copy and paste the award on your blog.
- Have faith that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers.
- And most of all - have bloggity-blog fun!
Here are my picks:
Write. Skate. Dream by Jess, a dedicated teen blogger wise beyond her years
Begin…Begin Again by Jan, a former doctor following an inspiring writing dream
On Writing and Sometimes Publishing by the lovely Lori Ann Stephens, whose debut novel came out this year.
Type a Little Faster by Lynn Colt, queen of limericks and quirky animal art
And finally, the talented and hilarious Heather L Hansen with her adorable kid costars
Go show their blogs some love!